Friday, December 5, 2008

Last day

I'm getting ready to go shopping with Krystle for the gala tonight, preparing myself for all the craziness that surely will go on, and am completely stunned that this semester is actually over. Even though I've been called crazy by a significant amount of people for starting as a first semester freshman, I can't imagine my college experience going any other way, and I'm glad I won't have to kiss the wall for another four or five years. I'm happy to say the State News takes over my entire life, and it's going to be incredibly weird to not be walking into work every day for a month. It's going to be more weird not to see everyone I'm used to seeing daily.

It's even weirder to know that I've been in college for a whole semester. These few months went really, really fast, and I'm worried the next four years are going to fly by before I know what to do with myself. I'm going home in a week, which will be the strangest part of this whole end of the semester experience, but at least I'll get to see Mag every day. My life at home and my life here are entirely different, so I'm interested to what it's going to be like going back and settling back into my high school life for a month. Sure it will be nice to see people, but part of me just wants to move on and leave it behind. I guess I should stop trying to grow up so fast, because if things keep moving as quickly as they have been, they'll be gone before I have a chance to appreciate them. Cheesy, but true I suppose.

Natalie is just waking up and we're playing Meet Virginia and being silly and I'm also pretty bummed that just now that we're getting along wonderfully we're leaving each other for a month. It took this long to get settled in and now I'm leaving, and I'm sad about it. I guess spring semester will just be that much better.

No comments: